• Hello, I'm Marku, a bus driver, and I've created this forum specifically for my fellow bus drivers and those involved in the passenger transport world in general. Here, you can discuss, share experiences, and receive advice. Create your account to join the discussions, interact with other drivers, and browse ad-free.

New update to directive (CE) No. 561/2006 for tourist Bus Drivers

Marku

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello colleagues,

It seems there are some updates on the recent changes to the EU regulations concerning tourist bus drivers. The European Parliament has approved updates to improve the working conditions of drivers.

From what I've read, there's now a clear distinction between freight transport and passenger transport in terms of driving hours.

It seems there are also changes to driving hours: for example, drivers can now split the mandatory 45-minute break into two parts, one of at least 15 minutes followed by another of at least 30 minutes. Moreover, it's possible to delay the start of the daily rest period by an hour if the daily driving period does not exceed 7 hours.

What do you think of these updates? Do you believe these changes will effectively improve the working conditions for drivers?

Let us know!

I'm attaching the file and the link to the directive.

Attachments

• PE-30-2024-INIT_en.pdf
    430 KB · Views: 0
Back